Frequently Asked Questions

To know more about the different master programmes that are part of EuMIGS, please have a look at the factsheets and contact the academic coordinator of the programme that you are interested in. In addition, we organize a joint online information session in November where representatives of the different partner universities present their programme. The info session will be announced about a month in advance under events.

You first need to apply to, get accepted and enrolled in one of the seven master programmes that are part of the Double Degree. Please follow the application process at the university where you would like to apply. Only students enrolled in one of the participating master programmes, usually in their first semester, can apply for the EuMIGS Double Degree programme, or for a EuMIGS exchange semester (for more information see here).

There is no common application platform for the EuMIGS Double Degree programme. You need to apply through the university where you would like to do or are currently doing the first year of your master.

Since applications need to be addressed to and are managed by the different partner universities individually, application deadlines vary. For students already enrolled in one of the seven participating master programmes, the deadline for application for the EuMIGS Double Degree programme is in December (for the exact date please check with your home university). For one-semester EuMIGS exchanges, the deadline is the same as for Erasmus exchanges in general.

No. EuMIGS Double Degree students move to their host university in the beginning of the autumn semester to start their second year abroad. This is because EuMIGS students go through the programme as a cohort that meets several times a year.

Usually, the Double Degree programme is a 120 ECTS programme over two years – hence a full-time study programme. Before moving to their host university, Double Degree students need to have obtained 60 ECTS on the master level from their home university. In exceptional cases and if both the home and host universities agree, the study time may be extended for one or two semesters.

To be eligible for the Double Degree programme, you need a B2 level in English, but you do not have to proof it by providing a language certificate with your application. Students admitted to the Double Degree programme will be notified in due time in case they have to proof their English level to formally register at the host university. In particular, this may be the case for students moving to Swedish universities.

All master programmes that are part of the EuMIGS Double Degree programme offer at least 30 ECTS in English for incoming Double Degree students. While some partners such as Liège and A Coruña either offer a master programme fully taught in English or have a predefined study plan for incoming students, others like Neuchâtel offer incoming students the possibility to choose courses in the local language (e.g., French). For further details, please check the websites of the different programmes and contact the local academic coordinators.

EuMIGS students are eligible for an Erasmus+ grant (or SEMP grant in the case of students moving from or to Switzerland) for the time they spend at the host university. In addition, EuMIGS covers the travel and accommodation costs of students participating in the different face-to-face activities such as the Kick-off meeting, the EuMIGS winter workshop, and the IMISCOE Annual Conference.