Are you interested in becoming a EuMIGS student?

Are you already enrolled in a Master in Migration Studies at one of our partner universities?


The EuMIGS Network joins Master programmes in Migration Studies from 11 different European universities.To participate in the EuMIGS Double degree or the EuMIGS exchange you first have to enroll  in a Master programme at one of the EuMIGS partner institutes. We kindly recommend you to get in contact with the university of interest regarding admission requirements for the Master’s degree.


If you are already a student at one of our partner programmes and would like to participate in EuMIGS, please consider the following options:

1. EuMIGS Double Degree

7 partner institutes are currently offering the double degree. For application details such as deadlines, what documents to submit and where to submit them, please check the website of your home institute. Before applying, please also check if you meet the specific requirements (e.g., English language requirements) of your preferred host universities:

The selection and distribution of double degree applicants is made jointly by all EuMIGS double degree partners. The number of places is limited and we aim to maintain a balance between incoming and outgoing students at each partner university. There are a few criteria that we consider when selecting and deciding on the distribution of double degree students:

  • Motivation letter: All applicants need to submit a motivation letter in which they state their personal motivation for doing a double degree and, if relevant, for going to a specific place. The motivation letter is important, think about it carefully.
  • Language certificates: The minimum level of English for participating in the double degree programme is a B2 (CEFR). However, only some partner universities demand an official language certificate. Provide a certificate if your preferred host university requires it, or prepare for obtaining such a certificate as soon as possible. A good command of other languages in which courses are taught (e.g., French for Neuchâtel) can also be an advantage.
  • List of priorities: Double Degree applicants may indicate a first, second, and third priority for the host university where they would like to spend their second year. If only one destination is an option for you, don't indicate a second and third priority. However, students who apply for only one destination don't stand a better chance of being sent to their preferred host university and thus risk not getting into the double degree at all.

2. EuMIGS Exchange

Partner institutes participating in the double degree programme also receive students for one semester. In addition, the following programmes which are part of the extended EuMIGS network are receiving students for a one semester exchange:

For the EuMIGS exchange option, you need to apply for an Erasmus exchange at the International Office of your home institution. Usually, the same conditions, application deadlines, and procedures apply as for other Erasmus exchanges.